Korean-style Loaded FriesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Asian
1 pkg. Extra firm Tofu
1.5 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, (grated)
1 small onion, (chopped)
2 tablespoons oil
2 bag McCain Seasoned Fries
1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- In a bowl whisk below ingredients together.
2 tbsp gochujang paste, or Sambal chile-garlic paste
2 tsp hoisin sauce, (you can substitute with soybean paste)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp gochuru chili flakes optional
- FOR THE SPICY MAYO:
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients below until well blended.
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon gochujang
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoons white vinegar
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- MAKE KOREAN TOFU
- Drain and press the tofu. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, add oil and fry the ginger, garlic and onion, stirring, until soft and fragrant.
- With your hands, crumble tofu into the pan. Add prepared sauce and let it cook, stirring the bottom of the pan occasionally.
- While cooking break the tofu until all the tofu is crumbled and stir until browned. Adjust the seasoning taste. Transfer tofu to a bowl and reserve.
- BUILD THE LOADED FRIES
- Bake the McCain Seasoned Fries according to package directions. Once fries are done remove from the oven and change from bake to broil.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the fries evenly. Broil on middle rack for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven immediately.
- Layer prepared crumbled tofu, kimchi and drizzle with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallions cilantro and chopped jalapeño. Serve immediately.