Ginger Rose MargaritaCourse: DrinksCuisine: Mexican
6 oz 100% Blanco tequila
4 oz fresh lime juice
2 tsp. rose water
2 oz Citrus Ginger syrup (See recipe below)
2 oz Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
organic dry rose petals,
- Citrus Ginger Simple Syrup
1/4 cup water
2 tbs sugar ( you can add more sugar to equal to water ratio)
4 slice of ginger, washed and cut into thin slices
1 tsp Orange zest
10 dry rose petals(optional)
Dash of salt
- Make Ginger Simple Syrup
- Add the sugar, water and ginger to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Let this mixture boil gently for a few minutes in law flame and cover the pan and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add rose petals and orange zest let sit covered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Double-strain the mixture and store in a jar.
- Put all ingredients into a shaker. Add ice and shake. Pour into a rocks glass rimmed with Rose Salt.