A fusion version of Mumbai’s famous street food – Avocado Mexican Sev Puri!! This Tapas rendition uses Puri made from tortillas, a killer guacamole, Chipotle Garlic sauce, Pico de Gallo and Sev.
This Mexican Sev Puri is finger licking and super tasty and addictive and perfect for get togethers.
Avocado Sev PuriCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Indian, Mexican
5 large tortillas
oil for frying
2 medium ripe Avocados
1 cup roma tomatoes, diced small
1 cup white onion, diced small
¼ cup white corn (optional)
1-2 jalapeño, finely chopped
¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. lime juice
½ cup thin Sev
½ cup fried Boondi
¼ pomegranate arils
½ tsp chaat masala
- Make Chipotle Garlic Sauce
½ cup Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tbsp chipotle adobo sauce
1 tsp Red Garlic chutney or (2 garlic cloves + red chili powder)
½ tsp brown sugar or honey
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp lime juice
- Lay down the tortillas flat on the cutting board and using 2” cookie cutter, cut small circles.
- Heat a frying pot with enough oil for deep frying on medium high heat. Drop in the cut tortillas circle and quickly fry them until golden & crispy. Immediately sprinkle them with salt on it. This can be easily bake in the oven or air fryer.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado, sprinkle with salt and lime juice. Add the onions, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, corn (optional) and black pepper. Combine well.
- Make chipotle garlic sauce by adding all the ingredients in a blender and blend well until sauce is smooth.
- To Assemble, spread avocado on a fried tortillas puri, top with boondi, sev and handful of pomegranate arils and drizzle with chipotle garlic sauce,. Garnish with chopped cilantro & chaat masala and pop them in your mouth. Enjoy!!