This Tandoori Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a must try recipe for quick and easy meal.
You must be drooling by now! Imagine Grilled cheese sandwich with your favorite Paneer and veggies in a tandoori flavor lathered in a cilantro-mint sauce! It’s a win win!!
Tandoori Paneer SandwichCourse: MainCuisine: Indian
8 slice of sourdough bread or Mini Naan
10-12 White American cheese slice or jalapeño pepper jack
butter to toast the sandwich
- Make Potato & Paneer Mixture
2 tbsp oil
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 small green chili, minced
1 large potato, boiled & mashed or diced small
1 cup paneer, shredded or grated
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced small
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp Tandoori Seasoning
1 tsp kasoori methi, crushed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1-2 Tbsp cream or milk
salt to taste
- Cilantro Mint Aioli
1 cup cilantro leaves chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint sprigs
1/2 cup Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
2 Serrano pepper
2 Garlic cloves
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp lime juice
In a food processor or a blender blend everything until it is a creamy consistency.
- Make the Potato & Paneer Filling
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds and let splutter for about 10-15 seconds. Add onions, garlic and green chili and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook for couple of min. Add tandoori powder, chili powder, turmeric and kasoori methi and let it cook for 30 seconds. Now add potatoes and spinach and mix well. Cover the pan let it cook for few minutes on low flame. Sprinkle some water if needed.
- Gently fold in grated paneer and add cream, garam masala, salt and cilantro and mix well and turn off the stove.
- Assemble the Sandwich
- Spread one sides of each piece of bread with the Cilantro Mint Aioli. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom bread . Spread potato/paneer mixture and place another slice of cheese on top.
- Now place the other slice on top and close the sandwich and butter outside of both bread. Cook in a panini press or on a skillet until both the sides turn golden brown in color and the cheese melts.. Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before cutting in half and serving. Serve it with Extra sauce on the side and enjoy!!