Paneer Corn EmpanadasCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Mexican, Indian
1 cup paneer, cubed – about 1/4 inch square or crumbled
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
GOYA Tapas Para Empanadas – Dough for Turnover Pastries, thawed (12 counts)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp Tandoori masala
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp Oil
2 tsp cilantro, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tsp. water
1/2 cup Cilantro Mint Aioli
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat and add chopped onions and jalapeño and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and salt and let that cook for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle little water if the masala is sticking to the pan.
- Add corn, tandoori masala, red chili powder and let it cook for 2-3 minute.
- Add paneer, milk, garam masala; mix well and cover the pan and turn the heat to low. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the paneer becomes soft. Add chopped cilantro on top.
- Let the paneer mixture come to room temperature and add shredded cheese and gently mix.
- Heat oven to 375˚F. Place dough round on work surface. Using heaping tablespoon measure, spoon paneer mixture onto one side of the dough rounds, cover with the other side and press down with a fork to seal the edges of the empanadas.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and place empanadas to baking sheet.
- Brush tops of empanadas with egg wash. Cook until pastries puff, turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. (You can also fry them each side 5-6 min on a medium to heat).
- Serve Paneer empanadas hot with Cilantro Mint Aioli. Enjoy!!