Make super easy DABELI TARTLETS this festive season!! An elegant and delicious appetizer for any party. Puff pastry rounds topped with Dabeli stuffing and toppings.
They are perfect for serving and impressing your guests. Serve with other mini entertaining favorite delights!!
DABELI TARTLETSCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Indian
1 package(2 sheets) Pillsbury Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
2 cups boiled & mashed potatoes
3 tbsp. dabeli masala – adjust per taste
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp tamarind date chutney
1/2 cup green chutney
1/2 cup red garlic chutney
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup roasted Masala Peanuts
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1 cup onions finely chopped
1/2 cup Nylon Sev
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Salt – per taste
- Make Puff Pastry Rounds
- Unfold a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll it lightly to an 11 by 11-inch square. Using a 3.5-inch-wide round object as a guide, cut circles from the sheet of puff pastry. It makes around 12 circles. Repeat with the second pastry sheet.
- Using a sharp paring knife, score a 1/4-inch-wide border around each pastry circle. Prick the pastry inside the score lines with the tines of a fork.
- Place the pastry circles on sheet pans lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make Dabeli
- Combine and mix well dabeli masala, sweet chutney and little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add prepared dabeli mixture and cook for 1-2 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add 2-3 tbsp water and mix well. Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Make puff pastry rounds as per instructions above.
- Top each circle with 1-2 tbsp potato mixture, staying within the scored edge. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Spread green and red garlic chutney on each round. Layer masala peanuts, onion, pomegranate, sev and cilantro! Enjoy!!