Beetroot & Goat Cheese Tikki TartCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Indian, American
1 (8 oz) Beetroots, pre boiled pack, cut into ¼inch cube or mashed
2 medium Potato , boiled, cut into ¼inch cube or mashed
2 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion , finely chopped
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp garlic , chopped
2 tsp ginger grated
2 thai green chillies, minced
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp fennel seeds powder
½ tsp amchur powder
¼ cup chopped cilantro more for garnish
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
salt to taste
Green chutney to serve
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, garlic, green chilies, ginger and onion, mix and sauté till the mixture turns a light golden.
- Add potatoes, beetroot, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add spice powders, salt, mix and sauté for 1-2 minute. Remove the pan from heat and cool.
- Transfer the beetroot and potato mixture into a large bowl, add crumbled goat cheese and chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 9″–10″ square. Place the pastry on sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Using a sharp paring knife, score a 1″ inch-wide border around each pastry. Prick the pastry inside the score lines with the tines of a fork.
- Spread beetroot/potato mixture over pastry, leaving a 1″ border. Blend water and egg to create an egg wash. Lightly brush puff pastry edge with egg wash.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden and crispy. Drizzle green chutney over the tarts. Garnish with cilantro and more goat cheese if desired. Cut each sheet into small pieces to serve as an appetizers. Serve immediately or at room temperature.