Crispy Potato Coin ChaatCourse: Appetizers/TapasCuisine: Indian
6 to 7 Medium sized Potatoes
½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tsp red chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
¼ cup olive oil
salt & pepper per taste
- Chaat Toppings
- Wash and peel potatoes and then slice them into 1/3-1/2 inch rounds.
- Para boil the potatoes just for 3-4 minutes. Drain and let it cool down.
- Add to a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, add in the spices, cilantro, salt & pepper. Toss to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay out the potato coins in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip the potatoes with a spatula or cooking tongs. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cook another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Top warm potatoes with the onions. Drizzle with green and tamarind chutneys, yoghurt, and sprinkle with Sev, pomegranate seeds and coriander. Sprinkle some Chaat masala and serve straight away.