Singapore Noodles are one of our family favorite dish. It’s fresh, light, full of color and flavors. When you crave for lots of vegetables with some spices this is the dish to try.
Angel Hair Singapore NoodlesCourse: MainCuisine: Asian, Italian
1/2 lb Angel hair spaghetti
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp Oil
Seasoning Sauce (see recipe below)
- Seasoning Sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sriracha(optional)
salt to taste
1 tsp white pepper powder
2 -3 tbsp reserved pasta water
Whisk all the ingredients and keep it aside.
- Boil angel hair spaghetti as per box direction and reserve pasta water. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat wok to medium high and add oil and fry the 1 tbsp curry powder & turmeric powder for about 30 seconds. Then add in red chili flakes, ginger, garlic and onion and fry until aromatic. Then add in capsicum, carrot, cabbage and bean sprouts. Cook veggies for 3-4 minutes. Don’t overcook them.
- Add drained & rinsed pasta and seasoning sauce to the veggies mixture and and mix well.
- Adjust the salt/seasoning according to your taste and garnish with spring onion greens and cilantro and serve it with chili oil.
- You can easily add tofu, chicken or shrimp with noodles. Just stir fry them separately with curry powder and soy sauce and add them to the noodles.