Spice up your classic panini sandwich with Naan flatbread. Naan flatbread are not just to make pizza. This Mediterranean panini has home made green olive hummus, harissa paste and ton of veggies, gets even better when you grill it in panini press. Give it try for lunch or dinner!
Green Olive Hummus PaniniCourse: Main, LunchCuisine: Mediterranean, Italian
1/4 cup Green Olive Hummus (see recipe below)
4 @stonefirenaan Flatbread
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup roasted red pepper slices
1/4 cup red onion, sliced
1/4 cup cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbles
Harissa paste (Trader joe brand)
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Green Olive Hummus
1-14 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. tahini
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1/2 cup Green Olives, pitted
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
Salt to taste
black pepper to taste
paprika, and additional olives for garnish
- Place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, Green Olives, jalapeño, cilantro and spices into food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Slowly add olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Taste and add salt if needed.
- To assemble the panini, slather one slices of naan with a thin layer of olive hummus and other naan with harissa paste. Now top one olive side up naan with a few baby spinach leaves, roasted pepper, onion and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and dried oregano on top of sliced veggies and add some feta cheese on top and cover with harissa side naan. Butter the top of each sandwich.
- Heat panini press and once hot apply butter to bottom ribbed grill plate and place sandwich on the press and close to heat both sides.
- Grill the panini sandwiches until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes and Enjoy!!