Roasted Potato SaladCourse: Sides, SaladsCuisine: Mexican
1 lb. Baby potato (cut in half)
1 tbs Garlic, chopped
Salt per taste
- Ingredients for Zhug Sauce
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Salt
2 cup cilantro
3 serrano peppers chopped
2 dried red chiles, coarsely chopped (substitute with red crushed flaked)
4 cloves garlic crushed
Juice from 1 lemon
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare Zhug Sauce
- Add the all the ingredients except for the olive oil to the food processor and pulse until the ingredients are chunky but not smooth paste. Do not over-process it.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and pulse/process until the oil is emulsified. Adjust for salt and use as needed.
- Prepare Roasted Potato Salad
- In a bowl add cut potatoes and generously add salt & pepper and garlic.
- Add 2 tbsp of Zhug sauce to the potato and mix well. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 425F.
- Let the roasted potato cool down to room temperature and add rest of the sauce to the potatoes and mix well and serve!