Spanish Garlic Mushrooms(Champinones Al Ajillo), is a delicious Tapas dish, often served as party food. It’s really easy and quick to make!
Tapas are essentially small plates of simple yet delicious Spanish delicacies. Tapas are fantastic appetizers and snacks that are perfect for get-togethers.
Spanish Garlic Mushrooms(Champinones Al Ajillo)Course: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: Spanish, Mexican
A super simple tapas recipe that’s full of flavor and spice!
2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced.
⅓ cup white wine or sherry
2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley or cilantro, roughly chopped.
crusty bread to serve
- First, clean the mushrooms and once clean, slice them.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- After about 30 seconds, when garlic starts to turn golden, add the mushrooms to the pan and turn the heat to medium high. Add white wine and a pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and continue to cook, stirring until the mushrooms are tender 5-7 minutes.
- After the wine is reduced and absorbed by the mushrooms, add the lemon juice, parsley or cilantro and season again with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve the mushrooms hot or warm with crusty bread or with toothpick and Enjoy!!.