These beautiful crostini layered with Calabrian Chili Ricotta dip and topped with roasted red pepper and grated pecorino cheese. The Calabrian Chili Ricotta dip comes together in the food processor; combines spicy peppers with creamy & smooth ricotta cheese mixed with spinach, basil and garlic. I have served on a toasted French Baguette but can be served with crackers, veggies etc..
It is a fancy addition to your dinner menu but will likely be the easiest item. You can prepare the ricotta dip in advance and assemble the crostini just before serving. It’s a total crowd pleaser so you may want to make extras. Wait to see how I incorporate the same dip in a dinner dish!!
Calabrian Chili Ricotta CrostiniCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Italian
- Calabrian Chili Ricotta Dip
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 cup baby spinach (optional)
6 garlic cloves
1.5 cup ricotta cheese
2 tbsp calabrian chili paste
2 spicy green chili
salt & pepper taste
1 loaf Baguette, sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced small
2 tbsp grated pecorino romano cheese
- Make Calabrian Chili Ricotta Dip
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine basil, spinach, garlic, serrano pepper, calabrian chili paste and salt & pepper to taste. Process until mixed together.
- Add ricotta cheese, salt & black pepper process until smooth.
- Arrange Crostini
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and crushed garlic. Brush oil mixture on both sides of all of the sliced bread.
- Arrange sliced bread in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes until toasted.
- Add a large spoonful of ricotta pesto onto each toasted sliced bread. Top with a spoonful of the diced roasted red pepper. Sprinkle some grated pecorino romano cheese and Serve!!