These Roasted Veggie & Avocado Sandwich with Chipotle Garlic Sauce is a great way to enjoy end of summer produce. You can describe this sandwich in two words: FLAVERFUL and MELTY. These veggie melts answer the call for easy comfort food when you want something nourishing but also a little indulgent. A lot of the flavor comes from the roasted vegetables, so don’t skimp out on those.
This sandwich is spectacular. What makes these sandwiches so special is the homemade spread that brings everything together. My fusion Chipotle Garlic Sauce has a secret ingredient that takes this sauce to the next level. You have to try it yourself to believe it. This sauce is easy to make, perfect for adding flavor to sandwiches, tacos, burgers, fries and more!!
Chipotle Roasted Veggie & Avocado MeltCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican, American
4 Ciabatta or Focaccia roll
8 slice of Gouda cheese or Monterey Jack
1/2 cup baby spinach
1 small red bell pepper, cubed
1/2 cup mushroom sliced
1/2 onion, diced into bit size
1 zucchini, sliced into circle
1 avocado, sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp. dry oregano
½ tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. chipotle powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk olive oil, salt & pepper, garlic powder, dry oregano, cumin powder and chipotle powder.
- Add mushrooms, onions, zucchini and red bell peppers to the bowl and mix well with olive oil and seasonings evenly.
- Spread vegetables evenly over baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. You want to roast the veggies until fork tender and lightly browned.
- While veggies are roasting make Chipotle Garlic Sauce.
- Spread one sides of each piece of bread with the Chipotle Garlic sauce. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom bread. Add spinach, roasted veggies, sliced avocado and place another slice of cheese on top.
- Top sandwich with other bread and cook in a panini press (or on a skillet). Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before cutting in half and serving. Serve it with Extra sauce on the side and enjoy!!