Instant Pot Quinoa Masala Khichdi is a fabulous one-pot meal that’s super tasty, and quick and easy to prepare. Quinoa Khichdi is a healthier spin on traditional Indian khichdi. Made with quinoa and lentils, A delicious, nutritious one-pot meal with a throw of veggies , spices and generous amount of ghee that’s so comforting.
If you love one-pot meals that’s filling, healthy & super easy, than, you must not miss this Quinoa Masala Khichdi with vegetables.
Quinoa Masala KhichdiCourse: MainCuisine: Indian
½ cup Yellow moong dal (split and skinless)
½ cup Quinoa
1 Tbsp Ghee
½ tsp Mustard seeds
½ tsp Cumin seeds
5-6 Curry leaves
¼ tsp hing (Asafoetida)
½ inch cinnamon
½ cup onion chopped
1 Tbsp ginger paste or grated
1 Tbsp garlic paste or grated
1 green chilly, minced
1 cup frozen green peas & carrot
1 potato, diced
salt to taste
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 ½ cups Water
- Combine moong dal and quinoa and wash it thoroughly, drain and set aside.
- Turn on the instant pot with saute mode. Once hot add ghee and let it melt.
- Add mustard seeds & cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add hing, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves.
- Immediately add green chili, onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onion becomes soft and there is no more raw smell of ginger garlic.
- Add potatoes, carrot & peas , salt and spice powders . Mix everything well. Add rinsed moong dal, quinoa and water, stir.
- Cover the instant pot with a lid (keep the valve to sealing position). Cancel the saute mode and pressure cook on manual (high pressure) for 5 minutes. Let it NPR (natural pressure release). Once the pin drops open the lid.
- Give it a good stir, it will solidify and thicken even more. Add another tablespoon of ghee if you like.
- Serve with mango pickle, chaas, and papad!