This perfectly smooth and creamy warm spicy dip loaded with cheese, veggies and cooked in a tikka masala flavor. This Queso recipe is the most delicious cheese dip you will ever taste. Trust me on this guys, I think everyone should try this recipe once in their life!! If you’re looking for an easy queso dip recipe, you’ve come to the right place. No Velveeta here, just real quality cheese and ingredients melted together and ready to dip.
Tikka Masala QuesoCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Mexican, Indian
1 tbsp oil
1 cup half & half
1 cup milk or skim milk
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 small onion diced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp Serrano, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1/2 cup corn, thawed
6 slice of white American cheese
1 tbsp tandoori masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp crushed kasoori methi
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat up a sauce pan on medium heat, once hot, add onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute for about 2-3 min.
- Add the tomato paste, cilantro and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the corn, red and green bell peppers. Season with salt. Saute for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder, and tandoori masala. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk 1 cup of whole milk and bring it to simmer while stirring frequently.
- As soon as milk starts to simmer but not boiling yet, add 1-2 torned sliced white cheese at a time. Keep stirring on low heat until all the sliced cheeses are well melted in the queso.
- Add half & half, kasuri methi and brown sugar and mix well. Simmer for couple of minutes and take it off the stove.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve it hot/warm with side of naan bites or naan chips!!