You’ll fall in love with this quick and tasty pasta sauce!!! This simple Pasta dish made with sautéed eggplant, cherry tomatoes, spinach, lots of garlic and basil and topped with fresh ricotta cheese.
This pasta dish takes me right back to Italy! Healthy and fresh sauce makes a satisfying vegetarian dinner and can be thrown together in under 30 min!!
Eggplant & Spinach PastaCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
½ lbs pasta of your choice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil – divided
2 medium eggplants (aubergines), diced
1 pint cherry tomato
1.5 cup baby spinach
8-10 garlic cloves thinly sliced or chopped
¼ cup fresh basil chopped
1.5 tbsp red pepper flakes
¼ cup ricotta cheese chunks
½ tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a cast iron pan on a medium heat. Add eggplant and salt & pepper and let them sauté for about 5-6 minutes. Remove eggplant from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, crushed red pepper and salt & pepper and let them cook until tomatoes are soft and start to release sauce about 8-10 minutes.
- Now add previously sautéed eggplant, spinach and basil and let it cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add boiled pasta and little bit of pasta water and mix everything and give it a good stir.
- Serve in bowl, top off with ricotta cheese on top, and garnish with fresh basil and Enjoy!