These ENCHILADA STUFFED SHELLS are the perfect blend of my two favorite cuisines: Mexican and Italian! These stuffed shells are bursting with flavors! Made with verity of beans and veggies and topped with cheese and enchilada sauce. Perfect for dinner or to serve to large crowd.
Enchilada Stuffed ShellsCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican
1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Red Onion, diced small
1 zucchini, diced small
1 red pepper, diced small
1 cup refried pinto beans
2 jalapeño peppers, diced small
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp taco seasoning – Trader Joe’s
1 cups corn kernels
1 can Rotel tomato
2 10 oz. Cans Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 green onions, chopped
1 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1/2 box of jumbo shells( about 20 shells)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add onions, garlic and jalapeño and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Add peppers, zucchini, corn and salt and let the veggies get little soften.
- Add refried beans, black beans, Rotel tomatoes, taco seasonings and add chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, covered, on medium low heat, stirring continuously. Cook another 3 minutes uncovered until all veggies have softened.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the jumbo shells and cook as per box direction. Drain, rinse in cold water. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour 1 ladle full of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with the bean/veggie’s mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Cover shells with more enchilada sauce on top. Add shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 28-30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the foil and bake for 3-5 more minutes.
- Top with green onions, black olives, lettuce etc. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa.