Up your grilled cheese game with this sautéed Kale, jalapeño and Baby Portabella Grilled Cheese! This cheese sandwich is easy to make, and it is packed with nutrients. It has a spicy savory taste, full of flavor and delicious!
Jalapeño, Mushroom and Kale Grilled Cheese SandwichCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
3 cup Kale stemmed and chopped
2 cup baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1-2 jalapeño, sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp dried basil
freshly ground pepper
4 Mozzarella cheese sliced,
4 slices whole grain bread, any artisan bread
- On a medium size non-stick skillet, add olive oil and sliced mushroom and cook on a high heat for couple of minutes. The water from the mushroom will started to extract and evaporate.
- Once the water from the mushroom started to evaporate and mushroom turns slightly brown, add sliced Jalapeño and garlic. Stir frequently and cook for additional minute or two.
- Add chopped kale, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, herbs and salt & pepper. Cook until Kale is wilted, about 3-5 minutes
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread, then place one of them butter-side down into a skillet
- Layer 2 slices of Cheese, kale and mushroom mixture then place the second piece butter-side up on top.
- Grill sandwich on the one side before carefully flipping over and grilling on the other side until cheese has melted. (Alternatively, you can cook on a panini press.)
- Remove and enjoy!