Malai Chicken Tikka SlidersCourse: MainCuisine: Indian
1.5 lbs. Chicken breast
2 Tbs Greek yogurt
¼ cup Heavy cream
1 Tbsp Garlic paste
1 Tbsp Ginger paste
2 Green chili paste
¼ cup Cilantro, fine chopped
½ Tsp Garam Masala
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tsp kasoori methi
1 Tsp roasted cumin powder
1 Tsp Cardamom powder
Nutmeg powder a pinch
¼ Tsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
Naan Dippers or (mini Naan cut into quarter)
1/2 cup Shredded lettuce
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl add, yogurt, lemon juice green chili paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder, Cumin powder, black pepper, and salt. Mix well and set aside for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating make aioli. In a blender add all the ingredients for the cilantro aioli, blend everything until it is a creamy consistency. Add water if needed.
- Mash the cheese with palm of your hand and add heavy cream and Kasuri methi to it and mix well. Now add cream and cheese mixture to the chicken pieces, coat well and marinate for another 1 hour (up to overnight) in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven @400 degree F. Skew chicken pieces into skewers. Place them on a baking tray, apply the remaining marinade on them and place the tray in the preheated oven. Cook (turn halfway and baste them with melted butter) for about 20 minutes or till evenly done.
- Brush tikkas with butter, squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle chaat masala and coriander!
- To serve sliders spread some Cilantro-Mint Aioli onto one side of the naan, and layer chicken kebabs, lettuce, tomato and onion and drizzle more aioli sauce on top, and close the slider with other piece of Naan!