Kale Lemon Parmesan Cream PastaCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
1/2 lb pasta of your choice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 Tbsp garlic cloves minced or chopped
1 Tbsp red crushed pepper
2 cups kale, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup broth or reserved pasta water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
½ cup parmesan cheese
salt & pepper per taste
- Boil a salted pot of water for the pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, while reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- In a large skillet add olive oil, garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and cook on low heat for a minute.
- Add chopped kale, salt & fresh pepper and let the kale cook until its soft.
- Add the heavy cream, reserved pasta water or broth, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes. Reduce the heat then add the Parmesan cheese.
- Once parmesan cheese has melted add drained pasta to the skillet and toss until coated. Garnish with more parmesan and crushed red pepper. Serve immediately and Enjoy!