After giving recipes for Mexican, Mediterranean and Indian style flatbread, the only right thing to do is to give you a recipe for Italian style flatbread.
This crispy flatbread is smothered in garlic-herb oil, sprinkle of cheese and topped with spinach & marinated artichoke hearts mixed with ricotta & creamy Boursin cheese. The touch of calabrese pepper relish for an extra kick will seal the deal.
Every last bite of this pizza is delicious and will leave you wanting more. It comes together in about 20 minutes so you can whip up this easy appetizer recipe any time.
Spinach & Artichoke FlatbreadCourse: Appetizers/TapasCuisine: Italian
¼ cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup fresh minced basil
2 @Stonefire Artisan Flatbread
3 oz. Garlic & Herb Boursin cheese @boursincheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup fresh ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup marinated artichokes, drained & quartered
1.5 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
1.5 Tbsp red crushed pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and black pepper
¼ cup calabrese pepper relish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Let it rest and once cooled add 2 Tbsp. basil and keep it aside.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and spread prepared garlic-herb oil over each flatbread. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 4 minutes to lightly crisp. For an extra crisp base you can also brush/spray the flatbreads with a little oil.
- Add bousin cheese to a medium-sized microwave safe bowl and heat for about 20 seconds to soften. Add ricotta cheese along with chopped spinach and artichokes hearts.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining fresh basil and mix well.
- Spoon the spinach mixture on crisped flatbreads and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the bottom and edges are golden crisp.
- Slice and drizzle them with calabrese pepper relish and serve warm. Enjoy!!