Kung Pao SpaghettiCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Asian
1.5 tbs oil
1/2 box of Thin Spaghetti (I use Barilla protein plus)
1 Tbs garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
3 scallion(whites and green part separated )
1 small onion sliced
1 red pepper sliced
½ cup shredded carrots
1 cup broccoli florets
¼ cup peanuts
6 dried chilies
- Kung Pao Sauce
3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
1.5 Tbsp Ching’s secret schezwan sauce or red chilli paste
1.5 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp water
- Boil the spaghetti as per box direction. Drain, then drizzle with 1 tablespoons oil and toss. Set aside.
- Whisk together all the Kung Pao ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a wok, add some oil on medium-high heat. Add the peanuts and cook until toasted to a dark brown, about 1 minute dried chili peppers roast for 30 seconds. Next add the ginger, garlic paste and sliced onions and white parts of scallions.
- Cook for 1 min and add peppers, carrots and broccoli and season with pinch of salt & peeper. Cook for about 4-5 mins.
- Add the sauce to your veggies and let it cook for 1 min. Add boiled spaghetti and mix and toss everything together.
- Garnish with cilantro and greens of scallions. Serve warm.
- Add Tofu, shrimp, chicken for added protein in this dish.
- Depending on you spice tolerance add schezwan sauce