Mumbai Masala Toast Sandwich is a super delicious street side food that is very common on the streets of Mumbai. But what if it served as a Pizza? Same ingredients and same taste but on a @stonefire mini Garlic Naan crust. Its layered with masala aloo(potato) and topped with cheese and spicy chutney. It is one of the best Masala Pizza you will have as it is very easy to make, with very simple ingredients which you can find easily in your pantry!!
Mumbai Masala PizzaCourse: Main, AppetizersCuisine: Indian, Italian
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 large potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
2 pkg. Stonefire Garlic Mini Naan
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp ginger paste
7-8 Curry leaves
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp coriander & cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp amchur powder
¼ cup chopped cilantro, divided
½ cup red onion, chopped
½ cup pomegranate arils
1 cup Thin sev
¼ cup boiled beets, chopped
1 cup Cilantro Chutney
- Make Cilantro Chutney
- Combine following ingredients into the blender
2 bunches cilantro, chopped
2 serrano peppers
6-8 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp cumin powder
3 tbsp lime juice
¼ cup sev or peanuts(skin removed)
salt to taste
2-4 tbsp water
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil, cumin seeds and curry leaves. When the cumin seeds begin to splutter, stir in chopped serrano and ginger paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric, cayenne, coriander & cumin powder, garam masala, amchur powder and salt and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add mashed potatoes and stir to mix well with the spices.
- Stir in cilantro and mix to combine. Check for seasoning and turn off the heat.
- Assemble Mumbai Masala Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375f degrees.
- Lay out Naan onto baking tray. Spread butter on bottom of the mini Naan. Spread cilantro garlic chutney on the other side of the Naan.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the potato filling and spread it evenly and top with mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for about 6-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove pizza from oven drizzle with cilantro garlic chutney, top with finely chopped onions, chopped beets, cucumber, fine sev, chopped cilantro and pomegranate arils. Sprinkle some sandwich masala and Enjoy!!