Mushroom CrostiniCourse: Appetizers/TapasCuisine: Italian
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil & butter
2 shallots, minced
3 cups diced mushrooms (diced into smaller pieces)
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
¼ cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 loaf Baguette, sliced
1 (5.2) oz Boursin Garlic & Herbs spreadable cheese
- Heat oil & butter in a wide, heavy nonstick skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook gently until just tender 3 minutes.
- Turn up heat and add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until they begin to sweat, about 3 minutes, then add garlic, crushed red pepper and thyme. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium heat until they are soft and all the water evaporated.
- Now add wine and cook, stirring, until wine is no longer visible in pan.
- Stir in heavy cream, parmesan & fresh basil and cook for minute and Remove from heat; cool slightly. Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice the baguettes and brush each slice with olive oil. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes until toasted.
- Spread garlic herb cheese on crostini, pile on generous amount of mushrooms mixture and sprinkle with rosemary or thyme. Serve immediately.