Weather is getting colder and all I want is this warm & comforting Manchow Noddle Soup. This soup is loaded with veggies and spices and full of flavor. It has something for everyone; hot, sour and sweet! This hot and sour soup is quite filling and wholesome one pot meal. You can even add soft tofu or rotisserie chicken to make it heartier!!
Manchow Noddle SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: Indian, Asian
1 small onion chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1-2 serrano pepper, minced
1 cup scallions(Bulb & Greens) , finely chopped & separated
* ¼ cup french green beans chopped
1 cup cabbage chopped
½ cup carrots chopped
¼ cup dark soya sauce
2 tbsp Maggie hot & sweet sauce
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
5 cups veggie stock or water
corn starch slurry (2.5 tbsp corn starch mix into ¼ cup of water)
salt to taste
¼ tsp white pepper powder
½ block from chings secret Hakka noddle
½ cup cilantro, chopped with roots
- Boil noodles according to the package direction. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion,garlic, ginger, white part of the scallions and green chili. Sauté for a minute. Add half of the cilantro(roots) and green parts of scallions and mix well.
- Add french green beans, carrot, cabbage salt and white pepper pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add water/stock to the pan and allow it to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add chili garlic sauce, Maggie sauce, soy sauce and slurry to the soup continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add boiled noodles & vinegar and mix well. Taste test and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions & cilantro!! Enjoy!!