These Mushroom Tofu Lettuce Wraps are bursting with flavors and freshness. It’s light and delicious meal that can be ready in less than 30 min. It’s a crowd pleaser, when I’m entertaining this is my go-to recipe.
Mushroom Tofu Lettuce WrapsCourse: Main Course, AppetizersCuisine: Asian
(12 oz) Extra firm tofu
1 1/2 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, diced
1 (8 oz) can water chestnut, diced
2 tbsp oil – divided
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 Serrano pepper, minced
2 green onions, chopped and whites separated from greens
2.5 tbsp Chiang’s Schezwan sauce or Hoisin sauce
4 tbsp soy sauce – divided
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp sriracha
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Drain and press the tofu. Heat a large pan over medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil, then fry the tofu and add a tbsp of soy sauce, while cooking use a wooden spatula, break the tofu until all the tofu is crumbled and stir regularly, until browned. Transfer tofu to a bowl and reserve.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and fry the ginger, garlic, green chili and white parts of the onion, stirring, until soft and fragrant. Add the chopped mushrooms and fry until soft and beginning to brown.
- Now add Schezwan sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar and sriracha sauce.
- Add the tofu back to the pan and mix in the sauce. Add water chestnut and turn off the heat and add green parts of the green onion and chopped cilantro. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Serve it with your choice of lettuce.