I have tried this dish few times at one of my favorite restaurants, Buddakan, and was instantly inspired to make my own version! This creamy and comforting dish is perfect for summer nights!
This dish is the answers to all your side dish woes made with minimal effort and HUGE flavors! Trust me you guys will fall in love with this recipe!!
Madras Curry CauliflowerCourse: Main, SidesCuisine: Asian, Indian
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
2 tbsp oil
2.5 tsp madras Curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
salt and black pepper
2 tbsp finely minced shallots
1 tsp garlic minced
1 tsp ginger grated
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1/4 cup roasted cashew
1/4 cup basil & cilantro, finely chopped
- Roast cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the cauliflower, 1/2 tsp madras curry powder, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer onto a large baking pan.
- Roast until golden and tender, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Make sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauce pan and add shallot, garlic, and ginger. Sauté them for a couple of minutes.
- Add remaining madras curry powder & turmeric and soy sauce. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and let it simmer on low heat until sauce is almost reduced in half.
- Add lime juice and fresh herbs and remove from the heat.
- Drizzle the sauce on roasted cauliflower and mix together gently. Garnish with roasted cashew and basil & cilantro!!