The perfect addition to your Cinco de Mayo dinner plans this week…or any day of the week!! Paneer cooked in Chipotle Tikka sauce and topped with Guacamole salsa!! These are my kids new favorite FUSION tacos. They taste incredible and are super simple to make!
Paneer Tikka Tinga TacoCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Indian, Mexican
1 (12 oz) pack paneer, small cubed
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
½ cup green bell peppers, diced
1 10 oz can Rotel fire roasted tomato
2 chipotle peppers in Adobe Sauce, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped white or sweet onion
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp tandoori masala
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
- Guacamole Salsa
Combine the following in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth..
½ cup Herdez @herdeztraditions Guacamole Salsa
1 jalapeños, seeded for less spicy
2 avocados, pitted
½ cup cilantro
2 cloves garlic
½ cup chopped onions
Juice from 1/2 a lime
½ tsp cumin
salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and sauté on medium low for about 5-8 minutes
- Add in garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, tomatoes and tandoori masala and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Add paneer, bell peppers, taco seasoning and salt, cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add in the sauce and cook for 5-8 minutes until sauce has thickened and mixture is hot.
- Serve: Warm the tortillas, then top with paneer tinga mixture, guacamole salsa , red cabbage and onion-cilantro mix!!