Pavbhaji Sofritas Lettuce Wraps with Chipotle-Garlic Sauce. Here is to best fusion recipe that is a quick and easy not to mention healthy dish that you can put together in no time! Tofu is cooked with Indian spices and smoky kick of chipotle, it’s like enjoying two favorite in one bite! AND the dipping sauce is what really lends depth of flavor to this dish.
Pavbhaji Sofritas Lettuce WrapsCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican, Indian
1/2 cup Chipotle Garlic Sauce
1 block extra firm tofu
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 chipotle pepper, finely chopped
2 tsp adobo sauce
2 tsp pavbhaji masala
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Remove the tofu block from the packaging and drain. Pat dry with a towel. Cut into 3/4u0022 slices.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the tofu slices and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown on the other side. Use a wooden spoon to break the tofu up into crumbles. Continue to sauté for another few minutes to brown. Transfer crumbled tofu to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil or ghee in the same skillet. Add onion and sauté until translucent 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and chipotle pepper and sauté couple of min.
- Add tomato paste, adobo sauce, salt, all the dry spice powders and cook for another min. Add water and simmer over low heat 4 min, stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers and cilantro and cook for couple of min.
- Add crumbled tofu and lemon juice and stir to combine. Check for seasoning and Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve PavBhaji Sofritas as a lettuce cups or taco filling or burrito bowl with my Chipotle-Garlic sauce.