You will love this Quinoa Falafel Sliders recipe which is loaded with spicy Tahini & Garlic sauce! These are injected with lots of fresh ingredients and tons of flavor. And no falafel is complete without my Green Tahini & Red Garlic Sauce!
Quinoa Falafel SlidersCourse: MainCuisine: Mediterranean
15.5 oz can chickpeas rinsed and dried
4 Jalapeños or 10 small Thai green chilis
8 garlic cloves, chopped
2 inch ginger piece
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (or a combo)
1 small onion
1/2 a cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
salt & pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs tablespoons chickpeas flour or of any type of flour
Mini pitas or small burger buns
Onion thinly sliced
Tomatoes thinly sliced
Tzatziki sauce (optional)
- Rinse and dry chickpeas. Once dried transfer them to a food processor with the garlic, onion, ginger, herbs and jalapeno.
- Pulse until everything is minced but not puree. In between pulsing, scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and mix in all the spices, sesame seeds, cooked quinoa, baking powder and chickpeas flour.
- Add salt and black pepper per taste. Add salt just right before you are ready to grill.
- Roll the falafel mixture into 12 balls, about 1½ inches each, then flatten them into patties.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil on a pan on medium heat. Once pan is hot pan fry patties. Depending on a pan size you can fry 3-4 at a time. Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve it with my Red Garlic Falafel Sauce & Green Tahini Sauce!!