Thai Spicy Basil Tofu Stir Fry aka Tofu Pad Krapow. Stir fried ground tofu with veggies in a spicy, savory and sweet sauce! The seasoning sauce has perfect mix of ingredients and it’s so much flavorful.
This dish is my go-to meals when I need an easy dinner for my family. This recipe comes together in 20 minutes and full of flavors!!
Spicy Thai Basil Tofu Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: Thai
2 tbsp oil
12 oz firm Tofu
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 small shallots, sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 Thai red chilies or other hot pepper
1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
4-5 mint leaves, finely minced(optional)
- Sauce Ingredients
2 Tbsp oyster sauce, vegetarian
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Thai style chili sauce, @kikkomanusa
1 tsp sriracha
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl until well-combined and set aside.
- In a motor & pastel take garlic and chili pepper and smash the together and make paste out of it.
- Drain and crumble your packet of tofu. In a nonstick pan with low-medium heat (no oil), pan-fry crumbled tofu and 2 tbsp of sauce until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- Using the same pan add oil and sauté́ chili-garlic paste and shallots until soft. Add half the sauce, cooked tofu, bell peppers and mint and let simmer for 2 minutes. Then, add remaining sauce and let the sauce thicken.
- Finally, stir in basil and serve warm with your rice or rice noodles and Enjoy!!