This Fiery Shredded Tandoori Chicken/Paneer that is so delicious and versatile. Turn them into tacos, sliders, tostadas, rice bowls, quesadillas. Either way you will not be disappointed.
Here I am serving them as open faced sliders. Using this same recipe, I have serve them as Tacos (see picture below); the options are limitless. This recipe is super quick and easy to make and is perfect in crowd-friendly summer parties for your next potluck, BBQ, or gathering!!
Tandoori Chicken/Paneer SlidersCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Indian
2 cup shredded Rotisserie Chicken
2 Tbsp yogurt
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2.5 Tbsp Tandoori masala
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp ginger
1 Tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp serrano pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 Tbsp kasoori methi
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
@stonefirenaan Naan Dippers or (mini Naan cut into quarter)
pico de gallo
raita or sour cream
- Make Chicken Filling
- Add yogurt, lemon juice and 1Tbsp tandoori masala to the shredded rotisserie chicken and keep it aside for minimum 15 minutes.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil on medium heat and add onions, ginger, garlic and serrano pepper and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cilantro and salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add remaining tandoori powder, turmeric, red chili powder and let it cook for a minute.
- Add marinated chicken and mix well. Add little water and cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 1-2 minutes on a law flame.
- Add 2 tbsp heavy cream, kasoori methi and garam masala and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Make Paneer Filling
- To make tandoori paneer use 1 ½ cup shredded paneer and all the ingredients chicken, yogurt and lemon juice.
- In a pan heat ghee or oil on a medium heat and add onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and serrano pepper and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cilantro and salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp tandoori masala, turmeric, red chili powder and let it cook for a minute.
- Add kasoori methi, garam masala, 2 tbsp cream and salt and mix well and turn off the stove. Now gently fold the paneer and cilantro into cooked mixture. Remove from heat.
- Serve Sliders
- To assemble the sliders, layer cilantro-mint aioli, chicken or paneer, lettuce, pico de gallo, raita and enjoy!!