Canapés and New Year’s Eve go hand in hand. This canapés are made with a pumpernickel bread, homemade herbed cream cheese. Make sure you have something to munch on until midnight 😛
Tea sandwiches CanapésCourse: Appetizers/TapasCuisine: American
- Herbed Cream Cheese Spread
4 oz plain cream cheese, softened
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeño, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped Basil
1 tsp lime juice
salt & pepper to taste
- Cucumber Canapés
1 English cucumber, sliced
Roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
1 loaf pumpernickel bread
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients until it’s mixed well and smooth.(Soften the cream cheese before hand)
- Place cucumber on paper towels to absorb liquid. Set aside.
- Place the bread on a clean surface. With the cookie cutters, cut circles out of each piece of bread. You should get 2 circles from 1 slice of bread.
- Spread the herbed cream cheese mixture on each bread circle. When all are topped with the cream then place a cucumber slice on top and roasted peppers and sprig of cilantro.