A great tasting filling really is the key to spring roll success. These extra crunchy air fried Thai curry spring rolls loaded with flavorful filling; stir fried tofu, veggies and glass noodles, mixed in massaman curry sauce. Seriously, filling is so good, you can even eat it as is, make it a lettuce wrap. Thai Curry Spring Rolls is a killer appetizer, it is as good as it sounds!!
Thai Curry Spring RollsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Thai
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp massaman curry paste, maesri brand
3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1 cup bean thread (cellophane – glass noodles)
1.5 tbsp garlic minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
12 oz firm Tofu
1 pkg Nasoya egg roll wrapper
1 cup grated carrot
2 cups finely sliced cabbage
4 tbsp soy sauce, divided
2 tbsp sriracha, divided
2 tbsp Thai basil finally chopped
- First, start with soaking noodles in hot water for 15 minutes to soften. Drain, then use scissors to cut noodles into short lengths.
- In a small saucepan sauté́ curry paste for 30 seconds and add coconut milk, 2 tbsp soy and tbsp sriracha, stirring constantly, until aromatic and thick. Reduce the coconut milk by about half.
- Drain and press tofu to squeeze out all the water. In a separate wok heat oil and add garlic-ginger and cook for about a minute.
- Crumble tofu into skillet and 2 tbsp soy sauce, while cooking break the tofu until all the tofu is crumbled and stir regularly, until browned.
- Then add the carrot, cabbage and cilantro, and 1 tbsp sriracha. Cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Now add prepared sauce and glass noodles into the tofu/veggie mixture and mix everything . Set aside to cool completely. Once cooled add chopped basil.
- Place about a heaped tablespoon of filling onto a wrapper. Fold like an envelope and roll up, sealing with water at the edges. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Preheat air fryer at 375. Spray or brush spring rolls with oil and place them in air fryer basket and air fry them for 8-9 minutes, flipping rolls at halfway.
- If deep frying them, fry them in hot oil on medium heat on both sides until they get crispy all the way around.