This Pesto Paneer plus flaky puff pastry combo is a match made in heaven. They are so easy to make and addicting!! I have consumed way too much of it!! This puffs are perfect for this holiday season.
Pesto Paneer PuffsCourse: Appetizers/TapasCuisine: Indian
1 cup fresh basil
1 clove garlic
1-2 small green chili
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
8 oz paneer, crumbled or small diced
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped & drained
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 packet puff pastry sheet
- Place first eight ingredients in a blender and pulse for around 10 times. Make a smooth paste.
- you can crumble, shred paneer or cut in small cube, add 1/2 cup of pesto, roasted red peppers, cheese and red pepper flakes and gently mix everything. Keep it aside for 30 min.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each defrosted puff pastry sheet into 9 squares of the same size. Prick the centers of the pastries with a fork.
- Fill them with ~1.5 tbsp of paneer filling. Spread across two opposite corners of the square.
- Break an egg and make egg wash.
- Wrap up pockets by folding in the other two opposite corners. Place one corner on top of the other and use egg wash to seal corners together. Remember to press gently to make sure it seals. They do open-up easily during baking if not sealed well.
- Set pockets on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes and enjoy!