Remember my Tikka Masala Queso…The perfectly smooth and creamy warm spicy dip loaded with cheese, veggies and cooked in a tikka masala flavor. Using the same Queso recipe, I re-created the American classic dish Mac n Cheese with warm flavorful spices that add an exotic taste to the dish.
This cheese-pullin’, queso mac and cheese has become one of the most favorite dish in our house. Sinful and decadent but worth every bite! This is a perfect recipe when you’re craving hot, comforting spicy foods. Try it out and let me know how you guys like it!!
Tikka Masala Queso Mac n CheeseCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, Italian
1.5 tbsp butter
1/2 lb. pasta of your choice
1 cup half & half
1 cup milk
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
1 medium onion diced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 serrano, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1/2 cup frozen corn
6 slice of white American cheese
1.5 tbsp tandoori masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander & cumin powder
1 tsp crushed kasoori methi
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup jalapeño pepper jack cheese, grated
- Heat up a sauce pan on medium heat, once hot, add onions, ginger, garlic and chilies. Saute for 4-5 min.
- Now add the corn, red and green bell peppers. Saute for 4-5 min.
- Add the tomato paste, cilantro and sauté for about 2 min. Add all the dry spices. Cook for a min.
- Whisk cup of milk and bring it to simmer while stirring frequently.
- As soon as milk starts to simmer but not boiling yet, add 1-2 torned sliced white cheese at a time. Keep stirring on low heat until all the sliced cheeses are well melted in the queso.
- Add half & half, kasuri methi and sugar and mix well. Simmer for couple of min and take it off the stove.
- Add boiled pasta to the cheese sauce. Transfer the pasta to a baking dish or castiron skillet.
- Top with jalapeño Pepper Jack cheese. Broil for 8 min. Garnish with Parmesan & cilantro.