This Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup takes just 30 minutes to make. It’s a warm comforting and full of wholesome ingredients just serve it with hearty toasted bread and it’s a meal. This soup is perfect for when you want a healthy, nourishing meal but don’t want to spend a long time preparing it.
Tuscan White Bean and Kale SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: Italian
2 (15 oz) canned cannellini beans
1 bunch Tuscan kale, chopped (3 packed cups)
6 cups veggie stock (low-sodium)
3 bulb of leeks -chopped
2 medium carrots- diced
1 medium white onion, chopped
5-6 cloves garlic -minced
3 sprig fresh rosemary
1 tsp herbs de Provence (sub some dried thyme or oregano)
2 bay leaf
sea salt & black pepper to taste
1 tsp red pepper flakes
grated parmesan cheese, for serving
lime wedges for serving, optional
- Slice the leeks then rinse them well in a colander with cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot then add the bay leaves, onions and a pinch of salt letting cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and leeks and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Add cannellini beans (reserve 1/2 can of beans), sprig of rosemary, herbs de Provence, chili flakes, vegetable broth bringing everything to a boil, then reducing heat to low and covering to let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Discard the sprig of rosemary and bay leaf. Transfer 2 cups of the soup and reserved beans to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the puree back into the soup pot and mix to combine.
- Add the kale to the soup and cook a couple of minutes until wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pinch of the red pepper flakes and some hearty toasted bread.