These Creamy Salsa Verde Enchiladas are loaded with flavors and easy to make! They are filled with sautéed Veggies, Pinto Beans and cheese, wrapped tortillas and smothered in a creamy Verde sauce. This sauce is bomb. com. Trust me, you gotta try this recipe!
Salsa Verde EnchiladasCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican
1 tbsp oil
1 jalapeno, diced
2 tbsp garlic
1 onion, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 15 oz. can pinto beans
2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp red chili
1 tsp cumin
1/4 cup scallions
2 tbsp cilantro
salt & pepper
2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8-10 flour tortillas
- Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 16 oz. jar green salsa(medium)
2 tbsp garlic, mined
1 small white onion, finely chopped
2 cups of cilantro
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup stock or water
- Make the Filling
- In a skillet heat the oil. Add jalapeño and garlic and let it sauté for a minute. Add onions, peppers and zucchini and cook for about 5-6 minutes until they have softened.
- Add beans, cumin powder, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt & pepper and 2 tbsp water. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes and then add scallions & cilantro.
- Make the Sauce
- In a large saucepan, melt some butter and add a white onion, garlic, jalapeño and Serrano peppers and cook them until they have softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and let cook until golden in color for 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the broth in a small amount and continue whisking until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the green salsa, cilantro, cumin powder and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Remove pan from the heat and let it cool down a little. Stir in the sour cream. Puree the sauce using immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- Assemble Enchilada
- Preheat the oven to 375f. Add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add veggie/bean mixture in the middle of the tortilla, top with a handful of the cheese and seal the enchilada closed. Place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat for the rest of the filling & tortillas.
- Pour the sauce generously over the enchiladas, top with leftover cheese, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly!