My personal favorite hot garlic sauce with lots of veggies. It’s an Indo-Chinese flavor vegetarian gravy dish. It takes absolutely no time to cook and yet so flavorful, perfect for lazy dinner nights!!
What is your favorite Indo-Chinese dish?
Veggies in Hot Garlic SauceCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, fusion
1 cup broccoli florets
1 red or yellow bell pepper diced
2 carrots, sliced
5 button mushrooms sliced
1 can baby corns diced
3 dried red chilies whole
1/2 cup green onion whites
8-10 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp corn starch
Salt as per taste
1 tsp white pepper powder
1.5 cups water
Chopped Cilantro, garnish
Chopped Green onion greens, garnish
- Seasoning Sauce
2 tbsp tamari or dark soy sauce
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp Sriracha
2 tbsp chili garlic sauce (sambal Olek)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Maggie ketchup
1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients of sauce in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add corn starch into 1/4 cup of water and make slurry and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic, ginger and sauté for a few seconds before adding dry red chilies and green onion. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add baby corn, carrots, broccoli and mushroom, and sauté for couple of minutes. Next, add diced bell pepper, sauté for about couple of minutes more.
- Add the sauce mix, salt, pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes. Next, add water, and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add corn starch slurry to the boiling sauce, mix and cook till sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped spring onion. Serve hot with rice or noodles.