This Thai Basil Noodle Stir-Fry recipe is easy to make and tossed with the best savory Thai basil sauce. To give you guys vegetarian/vegan option I skipped oyster and fish sauce and used hoisin, tamari and lime juice, it taste just the same. Feel free to add in your choice of protein.
Thai Basil NoodlesCourse: MainCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
8 ounces (uncooked) rice noodles
1 tbsp oil
1 small white onion, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped(veggies of your choice)
5-6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2-3 birds eye red chili or 2tsp crushed red pepper
1 cups packed fresh Thai basil leaves
Salt & black pepper to taste
optional toppings: green onions, roughly crushed & toasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds
- Sauce Ingredients
3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
1 tbsp lime juice or vegan fish sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce or tamari
1 tbsp chile garlic sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp water
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside;
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside;
- In a motor & pastel take garlic and chili pepper and crush them together and make paste out of it.
- Add oil to the pan along with the onion. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add chili/garlic paste and stir until fragrant. Next add broccoli and sauté for 3-5 more minutes.
- Immediately add the sauce, boil noodles and basil to the pan. Give everything a good toss until everything is evenly coated with the sauce, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with any of your desired toppings and serve!