This Latin flavored White Bean & Quinoa Veggie burger is packed with spices and herbs topped with sautéed mushrooms & Jalapeño and lathered in Peruvian green sauce . These easy homemade burgers are the perfect combination of savory & spice and come together in just 30 minutes!
Add this White Bean & Quinoa Veggie burger to your Memorial Day celebration, it is also perfect for those busy weeknights!!
White Bean & Quinoa Veggie BurgerCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican, Latin
1 cup cooked Quinoa
1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
5 cloves of garlic
½ cup of basil
½ cup of cilantro
1 small orange Bell Pepper, finely diced
½ cup shallot, finely diced
1 large boiled & mashed potato
½ cup bread crumbs
2 tsp. of Cumin powder
2 tsp. of Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp. of Paprika
1 tsp. Adobo Seasoning
2 tsp. lime juice
Salt & Pepper as per taste
- To Serve:
Roasted mushrooms & Jalapeño
red onion, sliced
burger buns of choice
- Finely diced shallot and bell pepper into small pieces.
- Rinse and dry white beans . Once dried transfer them to a food processor with the garlic, herbs and jalapeno.
- Pulse until everything is minced but not puree. In between pulsing, scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and add shallots, bell peppers, cooked quinoa, mashed potatoes, breadcrumbs and all the spices. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more of the other spices.
- Use your hands to form 8-10 even patties about ½ inch thick. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wide nonstick pan. Spread evenly and then place patties without overcrowding. You can cook them in batches. Cook for 3 to 4 mins on each side.
- Serve on bun or bed of leafy greens with choice of toppings! Then top it off with my Green Peruvian Sauce!! Trust me you’ll love it!!