This Latin flavored White Bean & Quinoa Veggie burger is packed with spices and herbs topped with sautéed mushrooms & Jalapeño and lathered in Peruvian green sauce . These easy homemade burgers are the perfect combination of savory & spice and come together in just 30 minutes!
Add this White Bean & Quinoa Veggie burger to your Memorial Day celebration, it is also perfect for those busy weeknights!!
White Bean & Quinoa Veggie BurgerCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican, Latin
1 cup cooked Quinoa
1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
5 cloves of garlic
½ cup of basil
½ cup of cilantro
1 small orange Bell Pepper, finely diced
¼ cup shallot, finely diced
1 large boiled & mashed potato
½ cup bread crumbs or crushed Oatmeal
1 tsp. of cumin powder
1 tsp. of cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. of Paprika
½ tsp. Adobo Seasoning
2 tsp. lime juice
salt & pepper as per taste
- To Serve:
Roasted mushrooms & Jalapeño
red onion, sliced
burger buns of choice
- Finely diced shallot and bell pepper into small pieces. Rinse and dry white beans .
- In a food processor add garlic, herbs and jalapeno. Pulse until everything is minced.
- Add white beans and pulse few times until everything is mixed. In between pulsing, scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and add shallots, bell peppers, cooked quinoa, mashed potatoes, breadcrumbs and all the spices. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more of the other spices.
- Use your hands to form 8-10 even patties about ½ inch thick. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wide nonstick pan. Spread evenly and then place patties without overcrowding. You can cook them in batches. Cook for 3 to 4 mins on each side.
- Serve on bun or bed of leafy greens with choice of toppings! Then top it off with my Green Peruvian Sauce!! Trust me you’ll love it!!