Aloo Bhaji & Avocado QuesadillasCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Indian, Mexican
3 potatoes boiled & diced small
2 tbsp oil
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 onions sliced
3-4 small green chili, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, minced
5-6 curry leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chili powder
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese or pepper jack cheese
Package of low carb tortillas
- Cilantro Avocado Chutney
- Blend the following until smooth :
2 ripe avocado
2 bunch cilantro
4 cloves garlic
3 thai green chili
1 lime, Juiced
½ tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup water
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add mustard & cumin seeds and let them sizzle and add curry leaves, green chili and ginger and keep sautéing for 30 second.
- Add sliced onions along with ½ tsp salt. Mix well and sauté till they are completely translucent. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder along with 1 tsp salt.
- Add potatoes and mix well. Cover the pan and let the potatoes cook for 3-4 minutes on a low flame. Taste for salt and spices, add more if needed. Garnish with fresh cilantro and mix.
- Make the Quesadillas
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet on low-medium heat. Once hot, spray oil. Place a low carb tortilla on the skillet. Cook both sides of tortilla by flipping few times.
- Spread thin layer of Avocado Cilantro chutney to half of the quesadilla. Then top it with a sprinkle of cheese, Add the potato bhaji mixture, more cheese.
- Fold the other half of the quesadilla and cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove from skillet, cut into wedges and serve hot!