Pasta with Calabrian Chili and Roasted Brussels Sprouts!! A flavorful bold and spicy pasta dish made with roasted brussels sprouts, and Calabrian chili peppers that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Pasta with Calabrian Chili and Roasted Brussels SproutsCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 box of Farfel Pasta( from 16oz box)
Roasted Brussel sprouts (see recipe below)
2-3 tbsp Calabrian Chili Pepper Paste
1 cup half & half or cream
2 Shallots, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese pulse more for garnish
2 tbsp chopped basil
Reserved pasta water
salt & pepper per taste
- Roast Brussels Sprout
1 cup brussels sprouts
Salt & Pepper as per taste
1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven 425f. and slice the brussels sprout half in lengthwise, toss in olive oil, salt & pepper in a bowl. Spread brussels sprouts evenly into the baking pan and roast it for 15-20 min in the preheated oven.
- Cook the pasta as per box direction, it should be al dente. Drain pasta and keep pasta water aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil, shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes and continue to stir until they are fragrant for about 1-2 minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another minute or two. Now add in Calabrian Chili Paste and chopped basil. Statue for a minute or so.
- Add the half & half, couple spoons of pasta water, cheese and salt & pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer and then turn the heat to low. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta and roasted brussels sprouts, continue to cook until pasta is covered in a cream sauce. Add more half & half if you like creamier pasta (make sure to adjust seasonings as well).
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.