Keema is traditional South-Asian dish made with ground lamb. Every household has their own version of it. You can make Keema using any type of finely minced meat, eggs or veggie. Here is my easy peezy version made out of Riced Cauliflower & shredded Paneer. My favorite way to eat Keema is with toasted Croissant.
Using @birdseyevegetables steam fresh Riced cauliflower bag makes the cooking process faster; it comes together in less than 20 minute. Quick and easy weeknight meal.
Cauliflower & Paneer Keema PavCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Indian
1 (10 oz) bag of riced cauliflower(@birdseyevegetables )
1/2 cup Green Peas
3/4 cup paneer, shredded
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup tomato purée
1 Serrano Chopped
1 tbsp Ginger, grated or minced
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cumin-Coriander powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Pavbhaji masala
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
salt per taste
- Cook cauliflower rice in microwave as per package direction.
- In a heavy pan hear oil or ghee and add cumin seeds. Add asafoetida and chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Once the onions have slightly browned add ginger, garlic and green chilies and saute for a minute.
- Now add tomato paste, tomato purée, salt, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, some chopped cilantro and sauté for couple of minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water and allow the mixture to cook for about 3-5 minutes until oil start to separate.
- Add garam masala, pavbhaji masala and mix well.
- Add cooked riced cauliflower and peas in the masala and mix well. Cover the pan and cook on low flame for approx 5-7 minutes or till cooked.
- Now add paneer, cilantro and lemon juice and mix gently.
- Serve it with toasted croissant and enjoy!!