Creamy jalapeño Spinach Pesto Pasta is one of our favorite pasta dishes ever! I have been making this pasta dish since my kids were little. My daughter requests this recipe often.
It’s a quick and easy dish to throw together in no time, and perfect for any night of the week. When you combine Pesto with Cream, magic happens. The result is lighter, but nonetheless packed with nutty, herby flavors.
This Pesto is super easy to make and perfect way to get your leafy greens in your diet. This recipe is perfect to make in the summer while there is an abundance of fresh Basil. A light and healthy summer dinner!!
I like using fusilli pasta for this dish but you can use your choice of pasta shape! You can also substitute cream with half & half or any vegan cream you like!!
Creamy Jalapeño Spinach Pesto PastaCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
Fusilli Pasta( ½ box)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp chopped shallots
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
- For the Pesto
¼ cup olive oil
1.5 cups baby spinach
1 cup basil
¼ cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
4 cloves garlic
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
salt & pepper per taste
- In a food processor, combine the walnuts, garlic, jalapeno, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Process until the mixture is smooth. Add the spinach and basil and process until smooth. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil and set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Heat pan over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, chopped shallots, garlic and red crushed pepper and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of pesto, cream and reserved pasta water and cook for 2 minutes at a slow simmer and allow the sauce to slightly thicken.
- Add in the drained pasta and toss together with creamy pesto sauce. Mix until everything is well combined and remove from heat. Add more cream if you prefer more sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese & sprinkle red pepper flakes and serve immediately!!