For all those who have had a craving for some Tex-Mex cooking, try this pasta dish with a creamy southwestern twist. Perfect for a weeknight or a date night dinner. You can add any protein you like. No butter and no heavy cream needed.
Creamy Southwest Chipotle PastaCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican, Italian
1/2 lb Rigatoni pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 chipotle pepper, finely chopped pulse 2tablespoons adobo sauce
1 tsp honey
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 slice American white cheese (torned into pieces)
1/4 cup pasta water
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package direction.
- Add oil and chopped onion in a skillet. Cook onion until soft, then add the minced garlic and chopped chipotle pepper.
- Add red & green bell peppers, corn, black beans, taco seasoning, adobe chipotle sauce and honey and mix well.
- Stir in your cheeses. Keep whisking from one hand and add milk slowly into the mixture. Keep whisking until all the cheese are melted. Add reserved pasta water to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour cooked pasta into your creamy sauce and give it a nice stir to fully coat pasta. Remove from heat and cover to let the flavors to develop into the pasta, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. You are ready to serve! Enjoy!!