This Spicy Garlic White Wine Pasta with Fresh Herbs recipe is SO good! Are you seeing what I’m seeing? Oh garlic-white wine- herbs pasta bliss, how I love thee! This recipe is quick and easy but tastes like a fancy Italian restaurant dinner!!
Spicy Garlic White Wine PastaCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
1/4 cup EVOO
8 cloves of garlic , peeled
1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce
1/2 Box spaghetti/Angel hair, protein+
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 Serrano chillies (optional)
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro with stalks (roughly chop leaves and finely chop stalks)
1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese, garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions in a large pan of salted boiling water. Reserve a 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over a low heat, then add finely sliced garlic cloves. Fry for a few seconds, then add the chillies, red pepper flakes and cilantro stalks.
- Add white wine and tomato sauce, salt & black pepper, then stir well. Cook for 3 to 4 min on a slow simmer.
- Now add spaghetti to the sauce and toss well, turn off the heat and cilantro leaves and basil adding a splash of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed stir in more tomato sauce.
- Garnish with more herbs and parmesan cheese and serve hot!!