This spicy Italian Orecchiette pasta with Broccoli Rabe(Rapini) and Cannellini Beans is perfect springtime 🌸 dish. A true Italian dish that has so much flavor and texture. Broccoli rabe is my absolute favorite green. It’s very versatile; can be roasted, sautéed, broiled, boiled and grilled. It’s so light and refreshing.
Orecchiette pasta with Broccoli RabeCourse: MainCuisine: Italian
1 large bunch broccoli rabe, washed and 2″ trimmed off stems
2 tbsp olive oil
8 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 lb. orecchiette pasta
1 cup cannelloni bean
1 cup pasta water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
crushed red pepper flakes per taste
- Cut broccoli rabe in quarters. Bring a large pot of water to boil. When it comes to a rolling boil, add broccoli rabe.
- Blanch for about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Boil pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente. Reserve pasta water.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and add olive oil; when hot add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until golden (do not burn)
- Add broccoli rabe and beans to the pan, and mix well with the garlic and oil, season with salt and pepper and cook about a minute.
- Add pasta to the broccoli rabe. Reduce heat and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add reserved pasta water (start with 1/4 cup of pasta water and add more if needed), parmesan cheese and lemon juice; adjust seasoning to taste and toss another 30 seconds so that everything is mixed well, and the pasta is coated with the sauce and serve immediately!!!