It’s not a secret that I love Mediterranean food and I always try to find a way to incorporate those flavors into some of my favorite dishes. This is a good twist on having boring regular fries, just by adding Harissa Tahini/Garlic sauce, trust me you will thank me for it!
Shawarma Steak Fries with Harissa TahiniCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Mediterranean
3 large Russet Potato
3 Tbsp olive oil
- Shawarma Spice Mix
1 ½ Tbsp cumin powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne or red chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp all spices
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Harissa Tahini Sauce
¼ cup Tahini
1 Tbsp Mayo
1 Tbsp Harissa
6 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp red chili powder
1 Tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
2 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the potatoes lengthways and cut chips into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes and pat potatoes dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, and all the spices listed under Shawarma spice mix. Pour the oil mixture over the potato’s and toss together to coat evenly.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking sheet and spread them out evenly.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Flip the potatoes. Roast again until the potatoes are tender and golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Harissa Tahini Sauce. In a blender or food processor combine all the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Add water for thin consistency.
- Remove steak fries from the oven and serve immediately with Harissa Tahini sauce!!